Okay I have to rant a little bit here. Today is MLK Jr. day, a day before we as a nation get a new president, Barak Obama. There is all this media hype about Obama being the First Black President. I do not want to take away anything from Obama being the First Black President. I appreciate the significance of the whole thing just as much as anyone else might.
However, if MLK Jr.'s 'mission' of people being judged on their charcater instead of their skin color was accomplished, would this really be a big deal? I don't think so.
I will be glad when the inauguration will be over. I hear that it will cost about $6 billion. I guess there is money for everything if there is someone around to justify the expense!
4 comments:
I completely agree with you Tracy. He, Obama, is the media's darling right now. He can do no wrong. I to will be glad when tomorrow is over with. Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech "I have a dream." If some have forgotten was about, like you said, not for people to be judged on their race or skin color. What the heck has happened to that? And what about the cost of inauguration? I thought we were in economic trouble. Were we didn't have that much money to spend on things. So much for us having economic trouble. Good post Tracy I might rant about this later or not. It all depends on the mood I am in. Talk to you soon!
Tracy for president in 2012!!! If you decide not to run, I'll write your name in on my ballot.
I read an article in a magazine that said Obama and his family did not attend church because they didn't want to take away from family time.
You guys rock! I was afraid I was in the minority, feeling like this. I know this is a big deal and everything but sheesh. He's gonna make mistakes just like everybody else does and then where will his screaming legions be???
Isn't church the ultimate family time? What a joke.
I agree with what has been said here! It will be interesting to see how long he remains the media darling. What happened to choosing a candidate on issues and how close their beliefs and issues are to yours? I told some Black friends at work I really liked Alan Keyes, and he was black. They had never heard of him and he, too, was a presidential candidate.
Post a Comment