I knew this day was coming sooner or later. I have been bracing myself for this a long time. Inevitably, I told myself, I would end up stranded by the side of the road because my truck would break down. Well, it finally happened.
Let me give a bit of a back-history here. I am the mail lady at work. There is a rotation for several of us in the office to pick up/drop off the mail from the post office in Kaukauna (my employer is in Little Chute but maintains a PO Box in Kaukauna for various reasons). This week has been my week to do both things.
This morning was starting out so nicely. It was a nice, cool morning. I got myself a treat from BK (a sausage/egg/cheese Croissanwich), which happens 1-2X a month (otherwise I get bad tummy aches, blech). I got to the post office fine, parked, went in and retrieved our mail.
When I started up my truck to leave, it was fine. But as I shifted into reverse to leave ... there was a loud THUNK, a screech and .. no go. The 'reverse' part of my transmission is D-E-D. I called my mom, then my brother. Thank GOD that my brother has taken some time off (for various reasons). He came over, looked at my truck and confirmed the diagnosis. He is very strong guy, pushed it out of it's spot so I could drive it .. since the transmission wasn't totally dead. I drove it through town (after town after town it seemed) to Neenah to a mechanic that I like a lot.
I am now going to be out $1800. If someone would start a penny drive in my honor, I would really appreciate it. (Just kidding.)
1 comment:
I have more than enough pennies if you need them. ;) Can give them to Sunday. That can totally make a good day go sour immediately. But just think, your truck now will be all set for when the snow flies. Thank God it didn't happen then. Just think of the brighter lining of this. Talk to you later chicka! Jod
Post a Comment